Hi! We’re Strategy11, a WordPress SaaS company with products running on over 400,000 websites. If you’ve ever wanted to write content in the software industry, check us out!
You’ll be writing blogs, landing page copy, social media, and emails designed to grow our organic traffic and convert website visitors into subscribers and customers. You’ll be teaching people how to create websites with our tools, ranging from food blogs to business directories. If you love variety, this could be your calling!
You’ll love this role if:
- You love to research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t always tech-savvy.
- You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills.
- You feel comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Writing blog posts that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow our style guide.
- Creating your own screenshots for each blog post.
- Conducting keyword research to identify target keywords and using those keywords to plan, structure, and optimize your content.
- Planning blog calendars in Asana and keeping ahead of schedule with minimal oversight.
- Monitoring SEO rankings and optimizing existing content to boost traffic and conversions.
- Working closely with developers and support team members to write new feature announcements.
- Writing email newsletters and automated campaigns and sending them using Active Campaign.
Here are the skills and experience that will come in handy:
- Advanced WordPress Experience: You’re comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages, setting up new WordPress sites, installing and configuring themes and plugins, troubleshooting errors, etc.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational tone. You can edit and proofread your own work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- Basic SEO: You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to research keyword volume and search intent and how to effectively use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing.
- Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add link attributes and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, etc. with HTML.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
Previous freelance or remote work experience is a plus.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Examples of high-ranking SEO content you’ve written.
- Deep knowledge of WordPress audience and platform.
- Copywriting and/or email marketing experience with proven results.
- Graphic design experience creating featured images, infographics, etc.
What we offer:
- Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment for those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Africa, Ireland, Philippines, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 60 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.