This is a topic I want to cover in an article at some point soon, but I thought I would start a discussion here first to see if I can get some feedback.
Here are some pros I can think of:
- WordPress is an open source project
- It has helped thousands, if not millions, of people and businesses make a living
- The WordPress community is fun. People are nice!
- Growth roles are of the ‘B2B tech’ category. Tech is fun!
- It’s as un-corporate as can be
- Most roles are remote
Expanding on #1 and #2 above, I think the WordPress/Open Source model is an ‘antidote’ to Big Tech owning everything. One that has been extremely successful, so proving that decentralization can work.
What do you think?